Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 20
South Asia Check / January 12, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Ministers dissatisfied with local-level delineations” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A minister, and another minister.
Kantipur report headlined “Why were more ministers added?” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in five instances: An office bearer of the Election Commission, a source at the prime minister’s residence, Baluwatar, a leader of (Maoist Center), government source, and highly-place source.
Kantipur report headlined “Excise duties stickers being misused” by Balaram Baniya and Krishna Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A grocery owner at New Baneshwar, shop owners, and people informed about tax administration.
Nagarik report headlined “Attempt to distribute land in the name of victims” by Arjun Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: Highly-placed source, a cabinet source, a source at the Ministry of Forest and Soil Conservation and a source.
Republica report headlined “Govt decides land-for-land compensation for Koshi Tappu” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed sources in two instances: A cabinet source and a former official of the Ministry of Forest and Soil Conservation. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Govt to hire docs for districts from private sector: Gagan Thapa” by Bishnu Prasad Aryal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Officials at the Ministry of Health and officials at the personnel administration of the Ministry of Health.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
- Fact Check Govt’s policy and program made wrong claim about Raxaul-Amlekhgunj petroleum pipeline
- In Public Interest Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March 2019 on anonymous sources in newspapers
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage