Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 20
South Asia Check / January 12, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Ministers dissatisfied with local-level delineations” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A minister, and another minister.
Kantipur report headlined “Why were more ministers added?” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in five instances: An office bearer of the Election Commission, a source at the prime minister’s residence, Baluwatar, a leader of (Maoist Center), government source, and highly-place source.
Kantipur report headlined “Excise duties stickers being misused” by Balaram Baniya and Krishna Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A grocery owner at New Baneshwar, shop owners, and people informed about tax administration.
Nagarik report headlined “Attempt to distribute land in the name of victims” by Arjun Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: Highly-placed source, a cabinet source, a source at the Ministry of Forest and Soil Conservation and a source.
Republica report headlined “Govt decides land-for-land compensation for Koshi Tappu” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed sources in two instances: A cabinet source and a former official of the Ministry of Forest and Soil Conservation. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Govt to hire docs for districts from private sector: Gagan Thapa” by Bishnu Prasad Aryal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Officials at the Ministry of Health and officials at the personnel administration of the Ministry of Health.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM Oli made some misleading claims in upper house
- Fact Check Photo of a kneeling Joe Biden circulating on social media with a false claim
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec, 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Bijukchhe misquotes Indian ex-spy’s book while talking about India’s alleged Tarai plans
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently