Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 24
South Asia Check / January 25, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Chief justice-prime minister meet again, Karki seeks Dahal’s help” by Yam Birahi datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in nine instances: ‘Source’ in six instances, a source close to prime minister’s residence Baluwatar, a judge and a source at Supreme Court.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Difficulty in announcing election date” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed sources in two instances.
Kantipur report headlined “Attempt by lawmakers to make Co-operatives Act favorable to them” by Akhanda Bhandari and Yagya Banjade datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in six instances: A source, an official at the Ministry of Cooperative and Rural Development in three instances, experts and an informed person.
Nagarik report headlined “‘Party-less election” at local level” by Madan Koirala datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances: A source present at the meeting and source in two instances.
Nagarik report headlined “Minister attempts to deprive project of funds” Balkrishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in four instances: A high placed official at the Ministry of Irrigation in two instances, officials at the Ministry of Irrigation and another official at the Ministry of Finance.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Morcha ‘positive’ about plan” by Tika R Pradhan datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in two instances: Sources close to the PM and a senior UML leader. Morcha refers to the United Democratic Madhesi Front.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
- Fact Check Neither Tilicho nor the new lake are highest in Nepal or world
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage