Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 27
South Asia Check / January 28, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Report of local bodies restructuring commission being sent back to the commission” by Govinda Pariyar datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances: A source close to prime minister Dahal, a secretary at the Office of Prime Minister and the Council of Minister and a source.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Second installment of house reconstruction grant for earthquake victims, Rs 26 billion demanded, Rs 12 billion released” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: An official at National Reconstruction authority.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Two Nepalis arrested in Lebanon for spying” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A senior foreign ministry official. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 21
- Fact Check Kamal Thapa exaggerates Nepali migrant worker death numbers
- In Public Interest Looking back at reconstruction
- Media Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 20
- Media Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 19
- Fact Check PM Dahal does it again, makes wrong claim about economic growth
In Public InterestLooking back at reconstruction The April 2015 earthquake killed nearly 9000 people in Nepal and hundreds of thousands lost their ho... Read More
- Women’s representation will increase after elections
- Is provincial consent mandatory in US and India for altering provincial boundaries?
- The Uprooted
- Labor permit will be beneficial for India-bound Nepali workers
- Budhigandaki: Dam of discontent