Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 27
South Asia Check / January 28, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Report of local bodies restructuring commission being sent back to the commission” by Govinda Pariyar datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances: A source close to prime minister Dahal, a secretary at the Office of Prime Minister and the Council of Minister and a source.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Second installment of house reconstruction grant for earthquake victims, Rs 26 billion demanded, Rs 12 billion released” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: An official at National Reconstruction authority.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Two Nepalis arrested in Lebanon for spying” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A senior foreign ministry official. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Announcement to widen East-West highway was made by Congress-led govt
- Fact Check PACT statement on Gagan Thapa’s agrobusiness flawed
- Fact Check Erroneous claim in FSFN’s poll manifesto
- In Public Interest Tall poll promises!
- Media Ram Karki’s ridiculous claims
- Fact Check False claims in Congress poll manifesto
In Public InterestTall poll promises! Wait patiently for another ten years and you will see a prosperous Nepal! Even if you search hard, y... Read More
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths
- Women in jail
- A lookback at CJ Karki’s legacy