Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 28
South Asia Check / January 29, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Local elections pushed toward further confusion” by Govinda Pariyar datelined Kathmandu an unnamed secretary from the Office of the Prime Minister and Council of Ministers.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “CC recommend three election commissioners” datelined Kathmandu quotes an unnamed source two times. It has no byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Delay in announcing dates sows confusion” by Binod Ghmire datelined Kathmandu quotes an unnamed member of Local Level Restructuring Commission.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Shashank Koirala significantly understates Nepal’s arable land area
- Fact Check PM’s suggestion of salt water gargle as home remedy for Covid is misleading
- Fact Check Old photo photoshopped to show Indian flag in February 10 demonstration
- Fact Check PM made four false claims in two recent speeches
- Fact Check PM wrong in saying Bimala Tamang won gold in 2014 Asiad
- Fact Check Writer Wagle grossly misquoted in viral meme
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently