Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 7
South Asia Check / January 8, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “I got caught on eleventh attempt” by Subash Gotame datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source at the Central Investigation Bureau (CIB), a senior official at CIB, and a source.
Kantipur report headlined “Bribes are taken openly at Land Revenue Offices” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in eight instances: A businessman in two instances, a service-seeker in three instances, a staffer in two instances, and a source. This report does not carry a byline.
Kantipur report headlined “Demonstration for public consumption” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A Maoist leader. This report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Rhino diplomacy’ in doldrums” by Subodh Gautam datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An official.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Gyewali to furnish clarification tomorrow” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An aide to Gyewali. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Fact Check Adhikari wrong about women’s representation in Federal Parliament
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths