Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 7
South Asia Check / January 8, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “I got caught on eleventh attempt” by Subash Gotame datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source at the Central Investigation Bureau (CIB), a senior official at CIB, and a source.
Kantipur report headlined “Bribes are taken openly at Land Revenue Offices” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in eight instances: A businessman in two instances, a service-seeker in three instances, a staffer in two instances, and a source. This report does not carry a byline.
Kantipur report headlined “Demonstration for public consumption” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A Maoist leader. This report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Rhino diplomacy’ in doldrums” by Subodh Gautam datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An official.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Gyewali to furnish clarification tomorrow” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An aide to Gyewali. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s suggestion of salt water gargle as home remedy for Covid is misleading
- Fact Check Old photo photoshopped to show Indian flag in February 10 demonstration
- Fact Check PM made four false claims in two recent speeches
- Fact Check PM wrong in saying Bimala Tamang won gold in 2014 Asiad
- Fact Check Writer Wagle grossly misquoted in viral meme
- Fact Check PM Oli made some misleading claims in upper house
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently