Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 7
South Asia Check / January 8, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “I got caught on eleventh attempt” by Subash Gotame datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source at the Central Investigation Bureau (CIB), a senior official at CIB, and a source.
Kantipur report headlined “Bribes are taken openly at Land Revenue Offices” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in eight instances: A businessman in two instances, a service-seeker in three instances, a staffer in two instances, and a source. This report does not carry a byline.
Kantipur report headlined “Demonstration for public consumption” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A Maoist leader. This report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Rhino diplomacy’ in doldrums” by Subodh Gautam datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An official.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Gyewali to furnish clarification tomorrow” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An aide to Gyewali. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest Five women elected to parliament so far
- Fact Check Three mistakes in RJPN poll manifesto
- Fact Check Announcement to widen East-West highway was made by Congress-led govt
- Fact Check PACT statement on Gagan Thapa’s agrobusiness flawed
- Fact Check Erroneous claim in FSFN’s poll manifesto
- In Public Interest Tall poll promises!
In Public InterestFive women elected to parliament so far Five women have been elected to parliament in the recently held elections. They are Pavitra Niraula ... Read More
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths
- Women in jail