Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 7
South Asia Check / January 8, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “I got caught on eleventh attempt” by Subash Gotame datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source at the Central Investigation Bureau (CIB), a senior official at CIB, and a source.
Kantipur report headlined “Bribes are taken openly at Land Revenue Offices” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in eight instances: A businessman in two instances, a service-seeker in three instances, a staffer in two instances, and a source. This report does not carry a byline.
Kantipur report headlined “Demonstration for public consumption” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A Maoist leader. This report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Rhino diplomacy’ in doldrums” by Subodh Gautam datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An official.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Gyewali to furnish clarification tomorrow” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An aide to Gyewali. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
- Fact Check Neither Tilicho nor the new lake are highest in Nepal or world
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage