Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 19
South Asia Check / July 20, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “Should we escalate the dispute or work unitedly?” by Durga Khanal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Nagarik report headlined “What will happen if all three elections aren’t held by January 21, 2018?” by Mani Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed source, a leader close to Oli, a source, another high-level UML source and a member of the UML standing committee.
Republica report headlined “PM firm on facing no-trust vote” datelined Kathmandu has quote an unnamed source.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “PM Oli urges Deuba, Dahal to avoid path of confrontation” has quoted unnamed leaders in one instance.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
- Fact Check Govt’s policy and program made wrong claim about Raxaul-Amlekhgunj petroleum pipeline
- In Public Interest Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March 2019 on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Media Quarterly report (October-December 2018) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Opinion article has errors in figures
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage