Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 24
South Asia Check / August 1, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “4,000 schools still operating under sheds” by Makar Shrestha datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A joint secretary at the Ministry of Education.
Kantipur report headlined “Dahal tells Deuba: “This is too much” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A secretariat member of the CPN (Maoist Center).
Nagarik report headlined “Corruption worth millions in the name of ‘securing resources’” by Balkrishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Senior officials at the Ministry of Finance, an engineer from a rural district and an official from finance ministry.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “‘Delay in Cabinet expansion shameful: Dahal” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances: A source, a CPN (Maoist Center) source and Nepali Congress sources. This report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “NC leaders for putting amendment bill to vote” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: A central leader of Nepal Congress and a leader. This report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “CIAA subjects Sharma to another probe” by Prithvi Man Shrestha datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A source at the CIAA.
Republica report headlined “Tax disputes of over 30 firms settled by snubbing Revenue Tribunal” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed sources in two instances: A source at the Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority, and an official at the Revenue Tribunal. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Maoist Center irked by delay in cabinet expansion” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently