Anonymous sources in newspapers July 27
South Asia Check / August 8, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “VAT evaders get tax waiver” by Krishna Gyawali and Krishna Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A source at the Ministry of Finance.
Kantipur report headlined “Cabinet expanded finally” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Another leader. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
Nagarik headlined “Sajha suffers losses worth tens of millions due to illegal printing of books” by Basanta Khadka and Bishnu Aryal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in seven instances: A book seller, an official from Sajha Prakasan in two instances and sources in four instances.
Nagarik report headlined “Green card holder pilot is paid Rs 1 million monthly salary” by Susheel Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: A high-level source at Nepal Airlines Corporation, source in three instances, and an official.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Fifty-three bills need parliamentary processing” by Rupesh Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: a source at Ministry of Home Affairs.
Republica report headlined “Sharma pockets Rs 200m in books printed under Sajha logo” by Bishnu Prasad Aryal and Basanta Khadka datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: Officials at Sajha Prakasan, officials at Chitwan branch, officials, a booksellers and an official.
Republica report headlined “NAC appoints green card holder flouting rules” by Susheel Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A top official at Nepal Airlines Corporation, and a source.
Republica report headlined “Rs 4 million tax waiver for parliament staffers illegal” by Rudra Pangeni datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An official at Parliament Secretariat’s account section.
Republica report headlined “RPP exclusion kills amendment hopes” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: a leader from RPP and a leader close to Kamal Thapa. This story doesn’t have byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Viral Nepal map from Grade 8 textbook: Many misread Anno Domini as Bikram Sambat
- Fact Check Viral video clips involving Sujata Koirala were manipulated to create controversy
- Fact Check Video clip of anti-India demonstration being circulated on social media is six months old
- Fact Check 5-year-old India toilet photo is circulating as photo of Bharatpur coronavirus hospital toilet
- Fact Check Fact-checked: WHO hasn’t revised coronavirus risk level for Nepal
- Fact Check News reports of impending internet outage are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently