Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 6
South Asia Check / July 18, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Traffickers bribe immigration officials to smuggle Nepali workers through visit visas” by Shambhu Kattel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Sources in three instances.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “RJP-N scrambles to make sense of its own decision” by Anil Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: Party insiders, an RJP-N leader, RJP-N leaders, and leaders. RJP-N stands for Rastriya Janata Party Nepal.
Republica report headlined “Ministerial portfolio sharing triggers rift within ruling NC” by Kosh Raj Koirala datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Leaders familiar with the development, a leader belonging to the Ram Chandra Paudel faction, and sources.
Republica report headlined “RJPN to contest polls, amendment or no” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: RJPN leaders in two instances and leader from RJPN. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Bir’s radiotherapy machine tender call said to be illegal” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: sources from Bir Hospital and a source. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s suggestion of salt water gargle as home remedy for Covid is misleading
- Fact Check Old photo photoshopped to show Indian flag in February 10 demonstration
- Fact Check PM made four false claims in two recent speeches
- Fact Check PM wrong in saying Bimala Tamang won gold in 2014 Asiad
- Fact Check Writer Wagle grossly misquoted in viral meme
- Fact Check PM Oli made some misleading claims in upper house
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently