Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 1
South Asia Check / June 8, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “RJPN withdraws agitation” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A leader who participated in the meeting.
Nagarik report headlined “Majority-based government to be formed” by Balkrishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A leader who participated in the meeting.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “EC panel fails to throw enough light on incident” by Prithvi Man Shrestha and Bimal Khatiwada datelined Kathmandu and Bharatpur has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: An official from Election Commission and a source.
Republica report headlined “EC seeks ‘actual status’ of torn ballots before drawing conclusion” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Informed sources, an informed source, and one election commissioner. This report doesn’t carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “RJPN calls off protest after change in poll schedule” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: RJP-N leaders and a leader from RJP-N. This report does not have a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently