Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 1
South Asia Check / June 8, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “RJPN withdraws agitation” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A leader who participated in the meeting.
Nagarik report headlined “Majority-based government to be formed” by Balkrishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A leader who participated in the meeting.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “EC panel fails to throw enough light on incident” by Prithvi Man Shrestha and Bimal Khatiwada datelined Kathmandu and Bharatpur has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: An official from Election Commission and a source.
Republica report headlined “EC seeks ‘actual status’ of torn ballots before drawing conclusion” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Informed sources, an informed source, and one election commissioner. This report doesn’t carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “RJPN calls off protest after change in poll schedule” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: RJP-N leaders and a leader from RJP-N. This report does not have a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Erroneous claim in FSFN’s poll manifesto
- In Public Interest Tall poll promises!
- Media Ram Karki’s ridiculous claims
- Fact Check False claims in Congress poll manifesto
- Media Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 30
- Media Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 29
In Public InterestTall poll promises! Wait patiently for another ten years and you will see a prosperous Nepal! Even if you search hard, y... Read More
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths
- Women in jail
- A lookback at CJ Karki’s legacy