Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 11
South Asia Check / June 15, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “President heading for Switzerland on Tuesday” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: An official from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This report doesn’t carry a byline.
Kantipur report headlined “Refusal to postpone elections” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: Source. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Accommodation facility stopped” by Ishwari Subedi datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: an official from Accounts Section and a source.
Nagarik report headlined “Govt rejects RJPN proposal to postpone polls” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: a source.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Ruling alliance rejects RJP-N’s poll delay call” by Tika R Pradhan datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: a leader in two instances.
Republica report headlined “3-party talks on RJPN participation in polls fail again” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: leaders from RJPN, leaders from Nepali Congress and a leader from Nepali Congress.
Republica report headlined “Over 35,000 take Korean language test on day one” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: officials from the Department of Foreign Employment. This report doesn’t carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Fact Check Nagdhunga tunnel road will be Nepal’s third, Churia tunnel road is first and Bhulbhule’s second
- Media Quarterly report (July- Sept 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Finance minister’s claim of no labor strike during past two years is false
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
In Public InterestBrace yourself for toxic winter air Winter is approaching in Kathmandu. Winter is not only about chilly weather but also more toxin in t... Read More
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature