Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 11
South Asia Check / June 15, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “President heading for Switzerland on Tuesday” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: An official from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This report doesn’t carry a byline.
Kantipur report headlined “Refusal to postpone elections” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: Source. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Accommodation facility stopped” by Ishwari Subedi datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: an official from Accounts Section and a source.
Nagarik report headlined “Govt rejects RJPN proposal to postpone polls” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: a source.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Ruling alliance rejects RJP-N’s poll delay call” by Tika R Pradhan datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: a leader in two instances.
Republica report headlined “3-party talks on RJPN participation in polls fail again” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: leaders from RJPN, leaders from Nepali Congress and a leader from Nepali Congress.
Republica report headlined “Over 35,000 take Korean language test on day one” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: officials from the Department of Foreign Employment. This report doesn’t carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Viral Nepal map from Grade 8 textbook: Many misread Anno Domini as Bikram Sambat
- Fact Check Viral video clips involving Sujata Koirala were manipulated to create controversy
- Fact Check Video clip of anti-India demonstration being circulated on social media is six months old
- Fact Check 5-year-old India toilet photo is circulating as photo of Bharatpur coronavirus hospital toilet
- Fact Check Fact-checked: WHO hasn’t revised coronavirus risk level for Nepal
- Fact Check News reports of impending internet outage are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently