Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 11
South Asia Check / June 15, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “President heading for Switzerland on Tuesday” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: An official from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This report doesn’t carry a byline.
Kantipur report headlined “Refusal to postpone elections” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: Source. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Accommodation facility stopped” by Ishwari Subedi datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: an official from Accounts Section and a source.
Nagarik report headlined “Govt rejects RJPN proposal to postpone polls” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: a source.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Ruling alliance rejects RJP-N’s poll delay call” by Tika R Pradhan datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: a leader in two instances.
Republica report headlined “3-party talks on RJPN participation in polls fail again” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: leaders from RJPN, leaders from Nepali Congress and a leader from Nepali Congress.
Republica report headlined “Over 35,000 take Korean language test on day one” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: officials from the Department of Foreign Employment. This report doesn’t carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Entire Jumla is getting by on less than 1 MW of electricity
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!