Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 16
South Asia Check / June 23, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Election in Province 2 on September 18” by Govinda Pariyar datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: A leader and a highly-placed source.
Annapurna Post report headlined “June 18 fixed for filing candidacies” by Govinda Pariyar datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: An election commissioner.
Nagarik report headlined “RJPN still unsatisfied” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Govt postpones polls in Province 2” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A Congress central committee member. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Fact Check Adhikari wrong about women’s representation in Federal Parliament
- Fact Check Bajura, not Saptari, is the most backward district of Nepal
- In Public Interest Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Fact Check Three mistakes in RJPN poll manifesto
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths