Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 16
South Asia Check / June 23, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Election in Province 2 on September 18” by Govinda Pariyar datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: A leader and a highly-placed source.
Annapurna Post report headlined “June 18 fixed for filing candidacies” by Govinda Pariyar datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: An election commissioner.
Nagarik report headlined “RJPN still unsatisfied” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Govt postpones polls in Province 2” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A Congress central committee member. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims Nepal has lowest taxes
- Fact Check Who should be credited for introducing health insurance program in Nepal?
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
- Fact Check Paudel wrongly claims NC central committee is more inclusive than that of communist parties
- In Public Interest Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
In Public InterestDr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements South Asia Check has compiled the demands put forth by medical reforms crusader Dr Govinda KC during... Read More
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?
- There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item