Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 18
South Asia Check / June 23, 2017
Annapurna Post report on election date headlined “There won’t be any further change” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A senior minister from the Nepali Congress. This report does not carry a byline.
Kantipur report headlined “Shots fired at Gorkhaland movement, three dead, 12 injured” by Parbat Portel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source once: Security source.
Nagarik report headlined “The inside story of Govt-RJPN meeting” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths