Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 18
South Asia Check / June 23, 2017
Annapurna Post report on election date headlined “There won’t be any further change” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A senior minister from the Nepali Congress. This report does not carry a byline.
Kantipur report headlined “Shots fired at Gorkhaland movement, three dead, 12 injured” by Parbat Portel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source once: Security source.
Nagarik report headlined “The inside story of Govt-RJPN meeting” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Entire Jumla is getting by on less than 1 MW of electricity
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!