Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 19
South Asia Check / June 23, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “RJPN under pressure from within” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source at the Rastriya Janata Party Nepal (RJPN) and a leader of RJPN. This report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “‘Anti-election parties also field candidates” datelined Nepalgunj has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source in two instances and a district level leader of RJPN. This report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “163,000 security personnel deployed” by KP Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source, a highly-placed source at home ministry and, a security source.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “RJP-N, CPN cadres in fray as independents” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A Madhesi leader. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “RJPN fields candidates, withdraws strike” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: Sources, an RJPN leader, RJPN leaders and some leaders. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!