Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 19
South Asia Check / June 23, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “RJPN under pressure from within” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source at the Rastriya Janata Party Nepal (RJPN) and a leader of RJPN. This report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “‘Anti-election parties also field candidates” datelined Nepalgunj has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source in two instances and a district level leader of RJPN. This report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “163,000 security personnel deployed” by KP Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source, a highly-placed source at home ministry and, a security source.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “RJP-N, CPN cadres in fray as independents” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A Madhesi leader. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “RJPN fields candidates, withdraws strike” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: Sources, an RJPN leader, RJPN leaders and some leaders. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths