Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 19
South Asia Check / June 23, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “RJPN under pressure from within” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source at the Rastriya Janata Party Nepal (RJPN) and a leader of RJPN. This report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “‘Anti-election parties also field candidates” datelined Nepalgunj has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source in two instances and a district level leader of RJPN. This report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “163,000 security personnel deployed” by KP Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source, a highly-placed source at home ministry and, a security source.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “RJP-N, CPN cadres in fray as independents” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A Madhesi leader. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “RJPN fields candidates, withdraws strike” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: Sources, an RJPN leader, RJPN leaders and some leaders. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Announcement to widen East-West highway was made by Congress-led govt
- Fact Check PACT statement on Gagan Thapa’s agrobusiness flawed
- Fact Check Erroneous claim in FSFN’s poll manifesto
- In Public Interest Tall poll promises!
- Media Ram Karki’s ridiculous claims
- Fact Check False claims in Congress poll manifesto
In Public InterestTall poll promises! Wait patiently for another ten years and you will see a prosperous Nepal! Even if you search hard, y... Read More
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths
- Women in jail
- A lookback at CJ Karki’s legacy