Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 2
South Asia Check / June 8, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “Indian police team with DSP arrested” by Mohan Shahi datelined Doti has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A source.
Nagarik report headlined “Vehicles of Ministry of Foreign Affairs misused” by Surendra Poudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in seven instances: A source at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, a source in five instances, and a joint secretary.
Nagarik report headlined “Difficult to retain pilots at NAC” by Sushil Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A senior official at Nepal Airlines Corporation (NAC), a captain at NAC, and officials concerned.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Voting to elect new PM most likely on Sunday” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Sources, officials and a source close to Speaker Onsari Gharti. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “EC undecided how to resolve ballot-tearing row” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: One election commissioner. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “NC working to form majority-based govt” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances: A leader close to Deuba, leaders involved in negotiations and sources. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Entire Jumla is getting by on less than 1 MW of electricity
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!