Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 2
South Asia Check / June 8, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “Indian police team with DSP arrested” by Mohan Shahi datelined Doti has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A source.
Nagarik report headlined “Vehicles of Ministry of Foreign Affairs misused” by Surendra Poudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in seven instances: A source at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, a source in five instances, and a joint secretary.
Nagarik report headlined “Difficult to retain pilots at NAC” by Sushil Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A senior official at Nepal Airlines Corporation (NAC), a captain at NAC, and officials concerned.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Voting to elect new PM most likely on Sunday” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Sources, officials and a source close to Speaker Onsari Gharti. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “EC undecided how to resolve ballot-tearing row” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: One election commissioner. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “NC working to form majority-based govt” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances: A leader close to Deuba, leaders involved in negotiations and sources. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Promise Tracker Despite delays, KRC hopes to rebuild Kasthamandap within deadline
- In Public Interest Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Fact Check Nagdhunga tunnel road will be Nepal’s third, Churia tunnel road is first and Bhulbhule’s second
- Media Quarterly report (July- Sept 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Finance minister’s claim of no labor strike during past two years is false
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
In Public InterestBrace yourself for toxic winter air Winter is approaching in Kathmandu. Winter is not only about chilly weather but also more toxin in t... Read More
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature