Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 2
South Asia Check / June 8, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “Indian police team with DSP arrested” by Mohan Shahi datelined Doti has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A source.
Nagarik report headlined “Vehicles of Ministry of Foreign Affairs misused” by Surendra Poudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in seven instances: A source at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, a source in five instances, and a joint secretary.
Nagarik report headlined “Difficult to retain pilots at NAC” by Sushil Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A senior official at Nepal Airlines Corporation (NAC), a captain at NAC, and officials concerned.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Voting to elect new PM most likely on Sunday” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Sources, officials and a source close to Speaker Onsari Gharti. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “EC undecided how to resolve ballot-tearing row” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: One election commissioner. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “NC working to form majority-based govt” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances: A leader close to Deuba, leaders involved in negotiations and sources. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
- Fact Check Neither Tilicho nor the new lake are highest in Nepal or world
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage