Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 2
South Asia Check / June 8, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “Indian police team with DSP arrested” by Mohan Shahi datelined Doti has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A source.
Nagarik report headlined “Vehicles of Ministry of Foreign Affairs misused” by Surendra Poudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in seven instances: A source at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, a source in five instances, and a joint secretary.
Nagarik report headlined “Difficult to retain pilots at NAC” by Sushil Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A senior official at Nepal Airlines Corporation (NAC), a captain at NAC, and officials concerned.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Voting to elect new PM most likely on Sunday” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Sources, officials and a source close to Speaker Onsari Gharti. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “EC undecided how to resolve ballot-tearing row” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: One election commissioner. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “NC working to form majority-based govt” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances: A leader close to Deuba, leaders involved in negotiations and sources. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently