Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 22
South Asia Check / July 1, 2017
Annapurna post report headlined “RJPN leaders start behaving differently” by Krishna Prasad Dhakal datelined Bhairahawa has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A source from Sarvendra Nath Shukla’s family.
Kantipur report on election code violation headlined “Rs 8.71 billion being distributed” by Balkrishna Basnet has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source from the Ministry of Home Affairs, a source and an official both from the Ministry of Peace and Reconstruction.
Nagarik report headlined “Govt vehicles misued” by Ishwari Subedi datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source from the Ministry of Home Affairs, a source, and a senior government official.
Republica report headlined “UNESCO mission wants Valley heritage in danger list” by Gyan Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: An official from the Department of Archeology.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths