Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 22
South Asia Check / July 1, 2017
Annapurna post report headlined “RJPN leaders start behaving differently” by Krishna Prasad Dhakal datelined Bhairahawa has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A source from Sarvendra Nath Shukla’s family.
Kantipur report on election code violation headlined “Rs 8.71 billion being distributed” by Balkrishna Basnet has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source from the Ministry of Home Affairs, a source and an official both from the Ministry of Peace and Reconstruction.
Nagarik report headlined “Govt vehicles misued” by Ishwari Subedi datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source from the Ministry of Home Affairs, a source, and a senior government official.
Republica report headlined “UNESCO mission wants Valley heritage in danger list” by Gyan Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: An official from the Department of Archeology.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
- Fact Check Ex-UML chief exaggerates party’s 1997 poll performance
- Fact Check Thapa makes chronological mistake about Dabur, Unilever
- Media How justified is the use of anonymous sources?
- In Public Interest Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!