Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 23
South Asia Check / July 1, 2017
Gorkhapatra report headlined “Working procedure for construction of Kathmandu-Nijgadh fast-track road approved” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A source. This report doesn’t carry a byline.
Kantipur report headlined “Secretary of Election commission transferred” by Balkrishna Basnet has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: Source in four instances.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “New rules weigh heavy on courier service providers” by Pushpa Raj Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An office bearer of International Air Express Association of Nepal.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Former ANFA general secy arrested for fraud” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: an investigating officer of Metropolitan Police Crime Division. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Deuba’s PMO has yet to get the ball rolling” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in three instances: an official, a political analyst and leader from Nepali Congress. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Man seen falling in a viral clip is indeed Maoist chief Dahal
- Fact Check A viral video clip claiming to show fatal chopper crash involving Indian general is old
- Fact Check Viral TikTok videos claiming Nepal imposed new Covid lockdown are lies
- Fact Check Social media posts claiming international news media praised CPN-UML general convention are baseless
- Fact Check Foreign video clips circulating on TikTok as Nepal floods
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
In Public InterestRead this before opting for alternative remedies for Covid-19 The effects of reckless consumption of herbs may not be seen immediately, but it can cause harm in t... Read More
- Scientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables