Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 23
South Asia Check / July 1, 2017
Gorkhapatra report headlined “Working procedure for construction of Kathmandu-Nijgadh fast-track road approved” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A source. This report doesn’t carry a byline.
Kantipur report headlined “Secretary of Election commission transferred” by Balkrishna Basnet has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: Source in four instances.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “New rules weigh heavy on courier service providers” by Pushpa Raj Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An office bearer of International Air Express Association of Nepal.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Former ANFA general secy arrested for fraud” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: an investigating officer of Metropolitan Police Crime Division. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Deuba’s PMO has yet to get the ball rolling” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in three instances: an official, a political analyst and leader from Nepali Congress. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Announcement to widen East-West highway was made by Congress-led govt
- Fact Check PACT statement on Gagan Thapa’s agrobusiness flawed
- Fact Check Erroneous claim in FSFN’s poll manifesto
- In Public Interest Tall poll promises!
- Media Ram Karki’s ridiculous claims
- Fact Check False claims in Congress poll manifesto
In Public InterestTall poll promises! Wait patiently for another ten years and you will see a prosperous Nepal! Even if you search hard, y... Read More
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths
- Women in jail
- A lookback at CJ Karki’s legacy