Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 23
South Asia Check / July 1, 2017
Gorkhapatra report headlined “Working procedure for construction of Kathmandu-Nijgadh fast-track road approved” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A source. This report doesn’t carry a byline.
Kantipur report headlined “Secretary of Election commission transferred” by Balkrishna Basnet has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: Source in four instances.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “New rules weigh heavy on courier service providers” by Pushpa Raj Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An office bearer of International Air Express Association of Nepal.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Former ANFA general secy arrested for fraud” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: an investigating officer of Metropolitan Police Crime Division. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Deuba’s PMO has yet to get the ball rolling” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in three instances: an official, a political analyst and leader from Nepali Congress. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths