Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 23
South Asia Check / July 1, 2017
Gorkhapatra report headlined “Working procedure for construction of Kathmandu-Nijgadh fast-track road approved” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A source. This report doesn’t carry a byline.
Kantipur report headlined “Secretary of Election commission transferred” by Balkrishna Basnet has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: Source in four instances.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “New rules weigh heavy on courier service providers” by Pushpa Raj Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An office bearer of International Air Express Association of Nepal.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Former ANFA general secy arrested for fraud” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: an investigating officer of Metropolitan Police Crime Division. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Deuba’s PMO has yet to get the ball rolling” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in three instances: an official, a political analyst and leader from Nepali Congress. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (July- Sept 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Finance minister’s claim of no labor strike during past two years is false
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
- Fact Check Neither Tilicho nor the new lake are highest in Nepal or world
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage