Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 23
South Asia Check / July 1, 2017
Gorkhapatra report headlined “Working procedure for construction of Kathmandu-Nijgadh fast-track road approved” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A source. This report doesn’t carry a byline.
Kantipur report headlined “Secretary of Election commission transferred” by Balkrishna Basnet has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: Source in four instances.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “New rules weigh heavy on courier service providers” by Pushpa Raj Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An office bearer of International Air Express Association of Nepal.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Former ANFA general secy arrested for fraud” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: an investigating officer of Metropolitan Police Crime Division. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Deuba’s PMO has yet to get the ball rolling” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in three instances: an official, a political analyst and leader from Nepali Congress. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- Fact Check Minister falsely claims credit for Mahendra Highway widening work
- In Public Interest PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Half of quake-destroyed schools rebuilt
- Fact Check NAC Managing Director Kansakar lies on camera
- Fact Check Nepali Congress was not the first party to demand federalism
In Public InterestWhat had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill? What was in the July 26 agreement between Dr Govinda KC and the government? What is in the Medical E... Read More
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore