Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 26
South Asia Check / July 17, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “District headquarters wear deserted look” by Balaram Baniya, Lila Ballav Ghimire, Ananda Gautam, Shahiman Rai and Biplav Bhattarai datelined Taplejung has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Local leaders of all political parties and an official deployed in election.
A wire report in Annapurna Post headlined “150 killed in fuel tanker fire” datelined Islamabad has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: An official. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Landslide risk at 29 places” by Ramesh Kumar Paudel datelined Chitwan has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A participant of a discussion.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Three missions permitted to watch polls” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Source and an official from the Election Commission. This report doesn’t carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Big parties fooling voters with conflicting promises” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: political observer. This report doesn’t carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Indian TV channel was ordered to pay Rs 1 billion not Rs 10 billion
- Fact Check Deputy speaker Tumbahangphe is still a member Nepal Communist Party
- Fact Check NBA chief incorrect about Sri Lanka’s bank lending rate
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest Women ministers in Nepal
- Promise Tracker Despite delays, KRC hopes to rebuild Kasthamandap within deadline
In Public InterestWomen ministers in Nepal After the advent of democracy in Nepal in 1951, it took over eight years for the first woman to beco... Read More
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?