Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 28
South Asia Check / July 17, 2017
Kantipur report on Ncell capital gains tax headlined “Taxes fixed at Rs 61 billion” by Krishna Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in six instances: Source in two instances, official, a knowledgeable official, a senior official, and a source from Large Taxpayer Office.
Nagarik report headlined “Thawang exercising voting right” by Dinesh Subedi datelined Rolpa has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A youth.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Tight security in place for local level elections” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: Officials. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Melamchi project set to miss Oct deadline” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: Project officials. This report doesn’t carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Local elections in Provinces 1, 5, 7 today” by Prithvi Man Shrestha datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: Officials from the Election Commission.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Strong security measures in place: Minister” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: Sources. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently