Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 4
South Asia Check / June 8, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Obstruction to continue until vote-counting resumes” by Govinda Pariyar datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A source close to Sher Bahadur Deuba.
Kantipur report headlined “Re-polling in Bharatpur” by Rajesh Mishra datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: Source in three instances, and a source from the Election Commission.
Nagarik report headlined “Prime minister withdraws decision” by Deepak Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A minister.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “EC decides re-polling in Bharatpur Ward 19” by Prithvi Man Shrestha datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Officials from the Election Commission, and an official from the Election Commission.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Poll body decision sets already agitated UML’s teeth on edge” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: UML leaders, and a UML leader. This report doesn’t carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Erroneous claim in FSFN’s poll manifesto
- In Public Interest Tall poll promises!
- Media Ram Karki’s ridiculous claims
- Fact Check False claims in Congress poll manifesto
- Media Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 30
- Media Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 29
In Public InterestTall poll promises! Wait patiently for another ten years and you will see a prosperous Nepal! Even if you search hard, y... Read More
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths
- Women in jail
- A lookback at CJ Karki’s legacy