Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 6
South Asia Check / June 9, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Deuba to become prime minister today” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: An unnamed source.
Annapurna Post report headlined “391 lawmakers to support Deuba” by Govinda Pariyar datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A leader close to Deuba, a source and an incumbent minister from the CPN (Maoist Center).
Annapurna Post report headlined “Remaining 10 percent to be recovered from TeliaSonera” by Sujit Mahat datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: Officials concerned in two instances, and officials associated with tax related affairs in two instances.
Nagarik report headlined “RJPN preparing for elections under the pretext of protests” by Jitendra Kumar Jha datelined Rajbiraj has quoted unnamed sources in 13 instances: Source in nine instances, a central-level leader, a local leader, a leader from Saptari and a reliable source close to RJPN.
Nagarik report headlined “Deuba set to become 40th prime minister” by Balkrishna Adhikari and Durga Dulal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in two instances: A source and a leader.
Republica report headlined “Maoist headquarter struggles to pick ministerial names” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances: Leaders close to Deuba, one party leader and sources. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims Nepal has lowest taxes
- Fact Check Who should be credited for introducing health insurance program in Nepal?
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
- Fact Check Paudel wrongly claims NC central committee is more inclusive than that of communist parties
- In Public Interest Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
In Public InterestDr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements South Asia Check has compiled the demands put forth by medical reforms crusader Dr Govinda KC during... Read More
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?
- There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item