Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 8
South Asia Check / June 12, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “Deuba takes reins of government” by Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: Leaders, a leader close to Deuba, and a source in three instances.
Nagarik report headlined “Prime Minister Deuba assumes office, priority on election and ethics” by Balkrishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A leader close to Ram Chandra Paudel.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “PM, seven ministers sworn in” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A sources from the Rastriya Prajatantra Party. This report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Deuba braces for berth pangs as he takes office” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A Congress leader. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “No high-quality lab to test drugs for market” by Bishnu Prasad Aryal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in two instances: Officials, and officials of the Department of Drug Administration.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths