Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 9
South Asia Check / June 13, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Road clear for Parajuli” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A source from the Supreme Court. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
Annapurna Post report headlined “RPP seeks power-sharing deal” by Chiranjibi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A leader from the RPP.
Kantipur report headlined “Election issues change along with change in generation” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: An aspirant for ward chair. This report doesn’t carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Those who heal our woes will get our vote” by Mithilesh Yadav, Jitendra Kumar Jha, Madan Thakur and Upendra Yadav datelined Siraha, Saptari, Rautahat and Bara has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A Saptari-based leader of the CPN-UML.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “SC quashes petition against CJ” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A source at the Supreme Court. This report doesn’t have a byline.
The Himalayan Times report “China not to issue climbing permits this autumn” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Officials from the Department of Tourism and an official from Department of the Tourism.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Deuba may not induct NC ministers until June 28 polls” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: some leaders, a senior leader from Nepali Congress and a leader. This report doesn’t carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Govt gears up against possible poll-related violence” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Officials from the Ministry of Home Affairs and an official from Ministry of Home Affairs. This report doesn’t carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently