Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 9
South Asia Check / June 13, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Road clear for Parajuli” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A source from the Supreme Court. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
Annapurna Post report headlined “RPP seeks power-sharing deal” by Chiranjibi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A leader from the RPP.
Kantipur report headlined “Election issues change along with change in generation” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: An aspirant for ward chair. This report doesn’t carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Those who heal our woes will get our vote” by Mithilesh Yadav, Jitendra Kumar Jha, Madan Thakur and Upendra Yadav datelined Siraha, Saptari, Rautahat and Bara has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A Saptari-based leader of the CPN-UML.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “SC quashes petition against CJ” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A source at the Supreme Court. This report doesn’t have a byline.
The Himalayan Times report “China not to issue climbing permits this autumn” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Officials from the Department of Tourism and an official from Department of the Tourism.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Deuba may not induct NC ministers until June 28 polls” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: some leaders, a senior leader from Nepali Congress and a leader. This report doesn’t carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Govt gears up against possible poll-related violence” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Officials from the Ministry of Home Affairs and an official from Ministry of Home Affairs. This report doesn’t carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims Nepal has lowest taxes
- Fact Check Who should be credited for introducing health insurance program in Nepal?
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
- Fact Check Paudel wrongly claims NC central committee is more inclusive than that of communist parties
- In Public Interest Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
In Public InterestDr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements South Asia Check has compiled the demands put forth by medical reforms crusader Dr Govinda KC during... Read More
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?
- There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item