Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 13
South Asia Check / March 14, 2017
Gorkhapatra report headlined “Maoist Centre working out election plan” dateline Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source. It has no byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Outgoing minister endorsed bonus worth Rs 500 million” by Sushil Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source four times.
Nagarik report headlined “Former army generals having big time in army” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source three times.
Nagarik report headlined “Army studying Madhes” by Deepak Kharel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the Nepal Army.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Bid to induct Gachchhadar in jumbo cabinet” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source, a source from the CPN (Maoist Centre), and a source from Congress four times. It has no byline.
Republica report headlined “EC to start printing ballot papers soon” by Bhadra Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed sources once.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Announcement to widen East-West highway was made by Congress-led govt
- Fact Check PACT statement on Gagan Thapa’s agrobusiness flawed
- Fact Check Erroneous claim in FSFN’s poll manifesto
- In Public Interest Tall poll promises!
- Media Ram Karki’s ridiculous claims
- Fact Check False claims in Congress poll manifesto
In Public InterestTall poll promises! Wait patiently for another ten years and you will see a prosperous Nepal! Even if you search hard, y... Read More
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths
- Women in jail
- A lookback at CJ Karki’s legacy