Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 13
South Asia Check / March 14, 2017
Gorkhapatra report headlined “Maoist Centre working out election plan” dateline Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source. It has no byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Outgoing minister endorsed bonus worth Rs 500 million” by Sushil Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source four times.
Nagarik report headlined “Former army generals having big time in army” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source three times.
Nagarik report headlined “Army studying Madhes” by Deepak Kharel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the Nepal Army.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Bid to induct Gachchhadar in jumbo cabinet” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source, a source from the CPN (Maoist Centre), and a source from Congress four times. It has no byline.
Republica report headlined “EC to start printing ballot papers soon” by Bhadra Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed sources once.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently