Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 13
South Asia Check / March 14, 2017
Gorkhapatra report headlined “Maoist Centre working out election plan” dateline Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source. It has no byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Outgoing minister endorsed bonus worth Rs 500 million” by Sushil Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source four times.
Nagarik report headlined “Former army generals having big time in army” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source three times.
Nagarik report headlined “Army studying Madhes” by Deepak Kharel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the Nepal Army.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Bid to induct Gachchhadar in jumbo cabinet” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source, a source from the CPN (Maoist Centre), and a source from Congress four times. It has no byline.
Republica report headlined “EC to start printing ballot papers soon” by Bhadra Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed sources once.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Entire Jumla is getting by on less than 1 MW of electricity
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!