Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 13
South Asia Check / March 14, 2017
Gorkhapatra report headlined “Maoist Centre working out election plan” dateline Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source. It has no byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Outgoing minister endorsed bonus worth Rs 500 million” by Sushil Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source four times.
Nagarik report headlined “Former army generals having big time in army” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source three times.
Nagarik report headlined “Army studying Madhes” by Deepak Kharel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the Nepal Army.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Bid to induct Gachchhadar in jumbo cabinet” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source, a source from the CPN (Maoist Centre), and a source from Congress four times. It has no byline.
Republica report headlined “EC to start printing ballot papers soon” by Bhadra Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed sources once.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Fact Check Upendra Yadav disowns Rs 5 million compensation promise
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
In Public InterestBirth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon While the controversy over the variations in the date of birth of Chief Justice Gopal Parajuli in hi... Read More
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge