Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 14
South Asia Check / March 15, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Auditor General’s Office instructs government to recover Ncell tax” by Sujit Mahat datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in four instances: Sources, an official at the office of Council of Ministers, a source, and an official at the Ministry of Finance.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Prime minister to visit China” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: An official at the Kathmandu-based Chinese Embassy, officials at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, an official close to the prime minister and an advisor to prime minister Dahal. This report does not carry a byline.
Kantipur report headlined “Why hasn’t the Ncell-related capital gains tax not been recovered?” by Krishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: A source at the Office of the Auditor General, officials, a source, and an official at the Office of the Auditor General.
Nagarik report headlined “Preparation underway to amend constitution without touching on provincial boundaries” by Prakash Timalsina datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance.
Nagarik report headlined “Preparation underway to recall Minister Gagan Thapa” by Deepak Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A leader of the Madhesi People’s Rights Forum-Democratic, officials, and a highly-placed official at the Ministry of Health.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Dahal urges Oli to help amend constitution” by Tika R Pradhan datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Sources, and a leader of the United Democratic Madhesi Front.
Republica report headlined “Girls outnumber boys across country in Grade 10” by Bishnu Prasad Aryal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in two instances: Ministry of Education (MoE) officials and MoE sources.
Republica report headlined “PM visiting China for Boao Forum” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Sources, and officials at the Home Ministry. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!