Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 15
South Asia Check / March 16, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Jagadamba group flouting rules” by Subas Gotame datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Chinese contractors’ negligence leaves Bharatpur- Bardaghat transmission line incomplete” by Bikash Thapa datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the transmission directorate.
Kantipur report headlined “UDMF won’t announce withdrawal of support for government” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source, a leader from the United Democratic Madhesi Front (UDMF), and a source from the Tarai Madhes Democratic Party.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Statute revision sans boundary revision?” by Tika R Pradhan datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source from the United Democratic Madhesi Front once.
Republica report headlined “Chinese defense minister visiting Nepal next week” by Deepak Kharel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources from the Nepal Army once.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!