Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 16
South Asia Check / March 17, 2017
The Himalayan Times report headlined “PM to visit Boao from March 23 to 26” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources from the Ministry of Foreign Ministry twice. It has no byline.
The Kathmandu Post report titled “Ballistics indicated bullet belongs to SSB” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed government official. It has no byline.
Republica report headlined “Additional 3,830 conflict victims verified” by Gyan P Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed officials from the Ministry of Peace and Reconstruction once.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!