Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 16
South Asia Check / March 17, 2017
The Himalayan Times report headlined “PM to visit Boao from March 23 to 26” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources from the Ministry of Foreign Ministry twice. It has no byline.
The Kathmandu Post report titled “Ballistics indicated bullet belongs to SSB” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed government official. It has no byline.
Republica report headlined “Additional 3,830 conflict victims verified” by Gyan P Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed officials from the Ministry of Peace and Reconstruction once.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Fact Check Upendra Yadav disowns Rs 5 million compensation promise
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
In Public InterestBirth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon While the controversy over the variations in the date of birth of Chief Justice Gopal Parajuli in hi... Read More
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge