Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 22
South Asia Check / March 23, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “Madhesi parties in a rush to welcome new members” by Bhusan Yadav datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed Madhesi analyst.
Kantipur report headlined “New appointment process now” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source. It has no byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Govt, UDMF close to agreement” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu quotes an unnamed source.
Nagarik report headlined “UN mission exams canceled” by KP Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source thrice, an unnamed insider source, and an official once.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Maoist MPs lash out at their ministers” by Tika R Pradhan datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader from the CPN (Maoist Centre).
Republica report headlined “No major deal likely during PM’s China visit” by Ashok Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source, sources from the Prime Minister’s Office, and another source.
Republica report headlined “Dahal to meet Xi for 15 minutes” by Ashok Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source, and unnamed sources once.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths