Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 25
South Asia Check / March 26, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “Who’s in charge of the country?” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source once. It has no byline.
Nagarik report headlined “PM’s chaotic China visit” by Prakash Timalsina datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Nagarik report headlined “US dollar smuggling ring has everyone from police to nuns” by KP Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed police official twice and an official from Police Crime Division.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Kathmandu Valley’s heritage at stake” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from UNESCO. It has no byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “A tale of two DPMs and Dahal’s trip to China” by Anil Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources twice, and another unnamed source once.
Republica report headlined “Over 34,000 licensed firearms possessed by public” datelined Kathmandu has quoted “unnamed sources” from the Ministry of Home Affairs twice, and an official from the Ministry of Home Affairs once. It has no byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM Oli made some misleading claims in upper house
- Fact Check Photo of a kneeling Joe Biden circulating on social media with a false claim
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec, 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Bijukchhe misquotes Indian ex-spy’s book while talking about India’s alleged Tarai plans
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently