Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 25
South Asia Check / March 26, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “Who’s in charge of the country?” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source once. It has no byline.
Nagarik report headlined “PM’s chaotic China visit” by Prakash Timalsina datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Nagarik report headlined “US dollar smuggling ring has everyone from police to nuns” by KP Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed police official twice and an official from Police Crime Division.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Kathmandu Valley’s heritage at stake” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from UNESCO. It has no byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “A tale of two DPMs and Dahal’s trip to China” by Anil Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources twice, and another unnamed source once.
Republica report headlined “Over 34,000 licensed firearms possessed by public” datelined Kathmandu has quoted “unnamed sources” from the Ministry of Home Affairs twice, and an official from the Ministry of Home Affairs once. It has no byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Announcement to widen East-West highway was made by Congress-led govt
- Fact Check PACT statement on Gagan Thapa’s agrobusiness flawed
- Fact Check Erroneous claim in FSFN’s poll manifesto
- In Public Interest Tall poll promises!
- Media Ram Karki’s ridiculous claims
- Fact Check False claims in Congress poll manifesto
In Public InterestTall poll promises! Wait patiently for another ten years and you will see a prosperous Nepal! Even if you search hard, y... Read More
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths
- Women in jail
- A lookback at CJ Karki’s legacy