Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 25
South Asia Check / March 26, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “Who’s in charge of the country?” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source once. It has no byline.
Nagarik report headlined “PM’s chaotic China visit” by Prakash Timalsina datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Nagarik report headlined “US dollar smuggling ring has everyone from police to nuns” by KP Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed police official twice and an official from Police Crime Division.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Kathmandu Valley’s heritage at stake” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from UNESCO. It has no byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “A tale of two DPMs and Dahal’s trip to China” by Anil Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources twice, and another unnamed source once.
Republica report headlined “Over 34,000 licensed firearms possessed by public” datelined Kathmandu has quoted “unnamed sources” from the Ministry of Home Affairs twice, and an official from the Ministry of Home Affairs once. It has no byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths