Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 25
South Asia Check / March 26, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “Who’s in charge of the country?” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source once. It has no byline.
Nagarik report headlined “PM’s chaotic China visit” by Prakash Timalsina datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Nagarik report headlined “US dollar smuggling ring has everyone from police to nuns” by KP Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed police official twice and an official from Police Crime Division.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Kathmandu Valley’s heritage at stake” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from UNESCO. It has no byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “A tale of two DPMs and Dahal’s trip to China” by Anil Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources twice, and another unnamed source once.
Republica report headlined “Over 34,000 licensed firearms possessed by public” datelined Kathmandu has quoted “unnamed sources” from the Ministry of Home Affairs twice, and an official from the Ministry of Home Affairs once. It has no byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently