Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 7
South Asia Check / March 8, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “UDMF withdraws support” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the Nepali Congress.
Gorkhapatra report headlined “Four die in clash” by Mala Karna and Dhirendra Sah datelined Saptari has quoted an unnamed leader from the United Democratic Madhesi Front.
Kantipur report headlined “UML campaign postponed for three days” by Durga Khanal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Nagarik report headlined “Ten thousand foreigners living illegally in Nepal” by Deepak Kharel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Department of Immigration.
Nagarik report headlined “Four killed in police firing” by Jitendra Kumar Jha datelined Rajbiraj has quoted an unnamed police source.
Nagarik report headlined “Police opened fire despite PM’s order not to do so” by Prakash Timalsina datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source twice, a source close to Prime Minister Dahal once, and a leader twice.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Efforts on to fix prez India visit in April” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Indian Embassy in Kathmandu and a source from Office of President Bidya Devi Bhandari. It has no byline.
The Kathmandu Post report titled “Three protestors killed in police firing in Saptari” by Abdesh Kumar Jha datelined Saptari has quoted unnamed security personnel.
Republica report headlined “Polio immunizations resume after suspension of 18 staff” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed officials from the Ministry of Health. It has no byline.
Republica report headlined “4 dead as UDMF cadres clash with police” by Jitendra Kumar Jha datelined Rajbiraj has quoted unnamed security officials.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s suggestion of salt water gargle as home remedy for Covid is misleading
- Fact Check Old photo photoshopped to show Indian flag in February 10 demonstration
- Fact Check PM made four false claims in two recent speeches
- Fact Check PM wrong in saying Bimala Tamang won gold in 2014 Asiad
- Fact Check Writer Wagle grossly misquoted in viral meme
- Fact Check PM Oli made some misleading claims in upper house
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently