Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 7
South Asia Check / March 8, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “UDMF withdraws support” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the Nepali Congress.
Gorkhapatra report headlined “Four die in clash” by Mala Karna and Dhirendra Sah datelined Saptari has quoted an unnamed leader from the United Democratic Madhesi Front.
Kantipur report headlined “UML campaign postponed for three days” by Durga Khanal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Nagarik report headlined “Ten thousand foreigners living illegally in Nepal” by Deepak Kharel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Department of Immigration.
Nagarik report headlined “Four killed in police firing” by Jitendra Kumar Jha datelined Rajbiraj has quoted an unnamed police source.
Nagarik report headlined “Police opened fire despite PM’s order not to do so” by Prakash Timalsina datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source twice, a source close to Prime Minister Dahal once, and a leader twice.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Efforts on to fix prez India visit in April” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Indian Embassy in Kathmandu and a source from Office of President Bidya Devi Bhandari. It has no byline.
The Kathmandu Post report titled “Three protestors killed in police firing in Saptari” by Abdesh Kumar Jha datelined Saptari has quoted unnamed security personnel.
Republica report headlined “Polio immunizations resume after suspension of 18 staff” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed officials from the Ministry of Health. It has no byline.
Republica report headlined “4 dead as UDMF cadres clash with police” by Jitendra Kumar Jha datelined Rajbiraj has quoted unnamed security officials.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths