Anonymous sources in newspapers of May 1
South Asia Check / May 3, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Elections uncertain” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance. A source from the CPN (Maoist Centre).
Annapurna Post report headlined “Home Minister Nidhi quits” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A central member of Nepali Congress. It has no byline.
Gorkhapatra report headlined “Home Minister Nidhi resigns” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: One leader from Nepali Congress. It has no byline.
Kantipur report headlined “Result of political shenanigans” by Krishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: A Supreme Court lawyer close to Karki, and a source.
Nagarik report headlined “RPP to quit govt” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Source close to Kamal Thapa, and a source. It has no byline.
Nagarik report headlined “This is how the decision was made” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances. It has no byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “DPM Nidhi resigns” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: Sources close to Deputy Prime Minister Bimalendra Nidhi. It has no byline.
Republica report headlined “DPM and Home Minister Nidhi resigns” by Kosh Raj Koirala and Ashok Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted “unnamed sources” in one instance.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
- Fact Check Neither Tilicho nor the new lake are highest in Nepal or world
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage