Anonymous sources in newspapers of May 1
South Asia Check / May 3, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Elections uncertain” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance. A source from the CPN (Maoist Centre).
Annapurna Post report headlined “Home Minister Nidhi quits” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A central member of Nepali Congress. It has no byline.
Gorkhapatra report headlined “Home Minister Nidhi resigns” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: One leader from Nepali Congress. It has no byline.
Kantipur report headlined “Result of political shenanigans” by Krishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: A Supreme Court lawyer close to Karki, and a source.
Nagarik report headlined “RPP to quit govt” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Source close to Kamal Thapa, and a source. It has no byline.
Nagarik report headlined “This is how the decision was made” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances. It has no byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “DPM Nidhi resigns” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: Sources close to Deputy Prime Minister Bimalendra Nidhi. It has no byline.
Republica report headlined “DPM and Home Minister Nidhi resigns” by Kosh Raj Koirala and Ashok Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted “unnamed sources” in one instance.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently