Anonymous sources in newspapers of May 13
South Asia Check / May 22, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Who will clinch Kathmandu mayorship” by Sujit Mahat datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A leader from the Nepali Congress.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “NAC throws safety protocol to the wind” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A source from the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Nepal pens memorandum of understanding on China’s Silk Road initiative” by Lekhanath Pandey datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source, and a source at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Indian TV channel was ordered to pay Rs 1 billion not Rs 10 billion
- Fact Check Deputy speaker Tumbahangphe is still a member Nepal Communist Party
- Fact Check NBA chief incorrect about Sri Lanka’s bank lending rate
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest Women ministers in Nepal
- Promise Tracker Despite delays, KRC hopes to rebuild Kasthamandap within deadline
In Public InterestWomen ministers in Nepal After the advent of democracy in Nepal in 1951, it took over eight years for the first woman to beco... Read More
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?