Anonymous sources in newspapers of May 16
South Asia Check / May 22, 2017
Gorkhapatra report headlined “Prime Minister Prachanda preparing for resignation” by Suresh Yadav and Rajesh Chamling datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A senior leader from the Maoist Center.
Nagarik report headlined “Election Commission’s mismanagement affects vote counting” has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: An officer of the Election Commission. This report doesn’t carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently