Anonymous sources in newspapers of May 17
South Asia Check / May 23, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Many Invalid votes, many people cross-voted” by Narendra and Gopi Krishna datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Knowledgeable sources, and officers involved in vote-counting.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Avoid agitation, go for elections” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A participant.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Vote counting tedious, time-consuming affair” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A senior official from the Election Commission. This report doesn’t carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM Oli made some misleading claims in upper house
- Fact Check Photo of a kneeling Joe Biden circulating on social media with a false claim
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec, 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Bijukchhe misquotes Indian ex-spy’s book while talking about India’s alleged Tarai plans
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently