Anonymous sources in newspapers of May 19
South Asia Check / May 23, 2017
Nagarik report headlined “Govt to present full budget on May 29” by Balkrishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A senior officer from the Ministry of Finance, and another officer from the same ministry.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Tharuhat, Madhes movements political: Govt” by Lekhanath Pandey datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A source from Cabinet.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “As results trickle in, NC admits its shortcomings” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Some leaders and a leader from Nepali Congress. This report doesn’t carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Fact Check Adhikari wrong about women’s representation in Federal Parliament
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths