Anonymous sources in newspapers of May 2
South Asia Check / May 3, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Instability poses challenge: Army” by Shambhu Kattel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance.
Nagarik report headlined “Govt still has majority support” by Mani Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: One leader
Nagarik report headlined “Nepali Congress yet to decide about mayoral candidates in six districts” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in two instances: A leader who participated in the meeting, and a leader. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently