Anonymous sources in newspapers of May 24
South Asia Check / May 29, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Budhi Gandaki project awarded without competitive bidding” by Bikas Thapa datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source, an officer from the Ministry of Energy and an officer from the Ministry of Finance.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Parliament meeting postponed after dispute among parliamentarians” by Narendra Saud datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A leader who participated in the meeting.
Nagarik report headlined “[Chinese contractor] Gezhouba to build Budhi Gandaki Hydropower Project” by Bishnu Belbase datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: An officer from Budhi Gandaki Hydropower Project and a senior officer from the Ministry of Energy.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths