Anonymous sources in newspapers of May 25
South Asia Check / May 29, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Elections to be held in third phase in newly-created local units” by Narendra Saud datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A leader from Nepali Congress and a CPN-UML parliamentarian elected from the tarai.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Dalai Lama’s photo on Mt Everest” by Shambhu Kattel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A source from the Ministry of Home Affairs.
Kantipur report headlined “Dahal’s second tenure as Prime Minister: First term was about excitement, this term is about pragmatism” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: Knowledgeable sources.
Kantipur report headlined “Homework starts” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A source close to Sher Bahadur Deuba. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “House adjourned” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: sources. This report doesn’t carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Polls on June 14 with added local units difficult, says EC” by Prithvi Man Shrestha datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: a source from the Election Commission.
Republica report headlined “EC rules out polls in 22 newly elected local units” by Bhadra Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source two instances: senior ruling coalition leaders and election experts.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
- Fact Check Govt’s policy and program made wrong claim about Raxaul-Amlekhgunj petroleum pipeline
- In Public Interest Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March 2019 on anonymous sources in newspapers
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage