Anonymous sources in newspapers of May 28
South Asia Check / June 1, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Election symbol for RJPN” by Govinda Pariyar datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A leader who participated in the meeting, and a source.
Kantipur report headlined “Understanding to withdraw impeachment motion” by Rajendra Phuyal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A source.
Kantipur report headlined “RJPN rejects proposal of three parties” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: A Maoist Center leader close to the prime minister, a source close to prime minister, a leader from a leading party who participated in the meeting, and a source. This report doesn’t carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims Nepal has lowest taxes
- Fact Check Who should be credited for introducing health insurance program in Nepal?
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
- Fact Check Paudel wrongly claims NC central committee is more inclusive than that of communist parties
- In Public Interest Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
In Public InterestDr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements South Asia Check has compiled the demands put forth by medical reforms crusader Dr Govinda KC during... Read More
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?
- There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item