Anonymous sources in newspapers of May 28
South Asia Check / June 1, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Election symbol for RJPN” by Govinda Pariyar datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A leader who participated in the meeting, and a source.
Kantipur report headlined “Understanding to withdraw impeachment motion” by Rajendra Phuyal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A source.
Kantipur report headlined “RJPN rejects proposal of three parties” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: A Maoist Center leader close to the prime minister, a source close to prime minister, a leader from a leading party who participated in the meeting, and a source. This report doesn’t carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims credit for no cold wave deaths
- In Public Interest What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- Fact Check Minister falsely claims credit for Mahendra Highway widening work
- In Public Interest PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- Promise Tracker Half of quake-destroyed schools rebuilt
- Fact Check NAC Managing Director Kansakar lies on camera
In Public InterestWhat had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill? What was in the July 26 agreement between Dr Govinda KC and the government? What is in the Medical E... Read More
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore