Anonymous sources in newspapers of May 28
South Asia Check / June 1, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Election symbol for RJPN” by Govinda Pariyar datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A leader who participated in the meeting, and a source.
Kantipur report headlined “Understanding to withdraw impeachment motion” by Rajendra Phuyal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A source.
Kantipur report headlined “RJPN rejects proposal of three parties” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: A Maoist Center leader close to the prime minister, a source close to prime minister, a leader from a leading party who participated in the meeting, and a source. This report doesn’t carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Half of quake-destroyed schools rebuilt
- Fact Check NAC Managing Director Kansakar lies on camera
- Fact Check Nepali Congress was not the first party to demand federalism
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
In Public InterestNARC grappling with manpower shortage At the Nepal Agricultural Research Council, the government-sanctioned positions are already insuffic... Read More
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?