Anonymous sources in newspapers of November 5
South Asia Check / November 6, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Dahal grows suspicious toward ministers from his own party” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in four instances: An office bearer, a minister, and a source in two instances.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Dahal, Oli closer to deal on constitution amendment and local elections” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance. This report does not carry a byline.
Kantipur report headlined “Consensus being sought for amending constitution” by Durga Khanal and Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance.
Kantipur report headlined “PM Dahal not happy with ministers from his own party” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: A leader and a source close to PM Dahal. This report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Karki snubs court summons” by Durga Dulal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A staffer at the administration of Supreme Court.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Mukherjee departs after three-day visit” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently