Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 12
South Asia Check / October 17, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Alliance will ensure rights of the Madhesis” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances.
Kantipur report headlined “Draft of new foreign policy prepared” by Chandra Shekhar Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: A task force member in three instances, a member present at the meeting, and members of task force.
Nagarik report headlined “Contractors being threatened on the phone” by KP Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: A source involved in the investigation, a source, and informed sources in two instances.
Nagarik report headlined “RJPN picks 30 of its leaders as election candidates” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in two instances.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “West Seti deal with Chinese company likely to be scrapped” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instances: Investment Board Nepal officials. This report does not carry a byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Left alliance still unable to finalize FPTP seats” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A source. This report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “MoE agrees to amend HPE Bill in line with Dr KC’s demand” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance. This report does not carry a byline. HPE is short for health professional education.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
- Fact Check ‘Red mercury’ claims on social media just a hoax
- Fact Check Purported government text message about snap curfew was a hoax
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Some claims in Putin memes circulating in Nepal are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently