Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 17
South Asia Check / October 18, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “NC leader Tamang arrested” by Subas Gotame and Shambhu Kattel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A highly-placed source, an investigating official, and a source.
Kantipur report headlined “Who were included in the PR candidates list?” by Balkrishna Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A secretary of a secretary and a source at RJPN. RJPN is short for Rastriya Janata Party, Nepal.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “49 parties file closed list of PR candidates” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: An Election Commission source. This report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Congress PR candidate arrested” by Manish Gautam datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Multiple officers investigating the case and an investigating official. PR is short for proportional representation.
Republica report headlined “Fielding of criminal figures in polls unleashes public ire” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: NC leaders, a RJPN leader and second rung leaders of major parties.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
- Fact Check ‘Red mercury’ claims on social media just a hoax
- Fact Check Purported government text message about snap curfew was a hoax
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Some claims in Putin memes circulating in Nepal are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently