Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 17
South Asia Check / October 18, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “NC leader Tamang arrested” by Subas Gotame and Shambhu Kattel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A highly-placed source, an investigating official, and a source.
Kantipur report headlined “Who were included in the PR candidates list?” by Balkrishna Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A secretary of a secretary and a source at RJPN. RJPN is short for Rastriya Janata Party, Nepal.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “49 parties file closed list of PR candidates” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: An Election Commission source. This report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Congress PR candidate arrested” by Manish Gautam datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Multiple officers investigating the case and an investigating official. PR is short for proportional representation.
Republica report headlined “Fielding of criminal figures in polls unleashes public ire” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: NC leaders, a RJPN leader and second rung leaders of major parties.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Entire Jumla is getting by on less than 1 MW of electricity
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!