Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 18
South Asia Check / October 23, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Maoist Center not to quit government” by Ram Krishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source and a senior Maoist leader.
Kantipur report headlined “All Maoist minister left without portfolio” by Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: Source in three instances and source at the official residence of the prime minister.
Kantipur report headlined “This is why Maoist ministers did not resign” by Balkrishna Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A member of the private secretariat of Deuba, a CPN (Maoist Center) leader and a Maoist Center source.
Nagarik report headlined “Khadka to be called back to ministry” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An official at the Ministry of Supply.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “A day of high drama in Singha Durbar” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: Sources, a leader close to Deuba, a Nepali Congress leader, another Nepali Congress leader and a senior Maoist leader. This report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “All eyes on today’s SC ruling on ballot papers” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: A senior Nepali Congress leader. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “PM reshuffles cabinet, Maoist ministers left with no portfolio” by Kosh Raj Koirala datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Sources in two instances and senior Maoist Center leaders.
Republica report headlined “Maoist ministers not to quit, suspect polls postponement” by Ashok Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: Maoist sources.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently