Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 18
South Asia Check / October 23, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Maoist Center not to quit government” by Ram Krishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source and a senior Maoist leader.
Kantipur report headlined “All Maoist minister left without portfolio” by Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: Source in three instances and source at the official residence of the prime minister.
Kantipur report headlined “This is why Maoist ministers did not resign” by Balkrishna Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A member of the private secretariat of Deuba, a CPN (Maoist Center) leader and a Maoist Center source.
Nagarik report headlined “Khadka to be called back to ministry” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An official at the Ministry of Supply.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “A day of high drama in Singha Durbar” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: Sources, a leader close to Deuba, a Nepali Congress leader, another Nepali Congress leader and a senior Maoist leader. This report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “All eyes on today’s SC ruling on ballot papers” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: A senior Nepali Congress leader. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “PM reshuffles cabinet, Maoist ministers left with no portfolio” by Kosh Raj Koirala datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Sources in two instances and senior Maoist Center leaders.
Republica report headlined “Maoist ministers not to quit, suspect polls postponement” by Ashok Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: Maoist sources.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
- Fact Check Neither Tilicho nor the new lake are highest in Nepal or world
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage