Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 18
South Asia Check / October 23, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Maoist Center not to quit government” by Ram Krishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source and a senior Maoist leader.
Kantipur report headlined “All Maoist minister left without portfolio” by Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: Source in three instances and source at the official residence of the prime minister.
Kantipur report headlined “This is why Maoist ministers did not resign” by Balkrishna Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A member of the private secretariat of Deuba, a CPN (Maoist Center) leader and a Maoist Center source.
Nagarik report headlined “Khadka to be called back to ministry” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An official at the Ministry of Supply.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “A day of high drama in Singha Durbar” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: Sources, a leader close to Deuba, a Nepali Congress leader, another Nepali Congress leader and a senior Maoist leader. This report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “All eyes on today’s SC ruling on ballot papers” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: A senior Nepali Congress leader. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “PM reshuffles cabinet, Maoist ministers left with no portfolio” by Kosh Raj Koirala datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Sources in two instances and senior Maoist Center leaders.
Republica report headlined “Maoist ministers not to quit, suspect polls postponement” by Ashok Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: Maoist sources.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims Nepal has lowest taxes
- Fact Check Who should be credited for introducing health insurance program in Nepal?
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
- Fact Check Paudel wrongly claims NC central committee is more inclusive than that of communist parties
- In Public Interest Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
In Public InterestDr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements South Asia Check has compiled the demands put forth by medical reforms crusader Dr Govinda KC during... Read More
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?
- There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item