Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 19
South Asia Check / October 23, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Government in a dilemma over whether to dissolve government offices” by Sagar Pandit datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance.
Kantipur report headlined “Candidacies bought and sold” by Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A realtor in Kaski district, a senior leader of Nepali Congress, and a leader.
Republica report headlined “SC stays Nepal Army’s generators deal” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Officials at the Public Procurement Monitoring Office (PPMO), and a PPMO official.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths