Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 27
South Asia Check / October 28, 2017
The Himalayan Times report headlined “CPN-MC, UML warn against deferring polls” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A senior Maoist leader.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Left alliance finalizes seat sharing for Dec 7” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: Sources. This report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Separate ballots raises concerns” by Sanjeev Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances: Election Commission (EC) officials, an EC official and leaders of left alliance. There EC stands for Election Commission.
Republica report headlined “NC between rock and hard place in seats deal with alliance partner” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in five instances: NC leaders in three instances, cross-parties leaders and a member of RJPN presidium. Here NC stands for Nepali Congress and RJPN stands for Rastriya Janata Party, Nepal.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM Oli made some misleading claims in upper house
- Fact Check Photo of a kneeling Joe Biden circulating on social media with a false claim
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec, 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Bijukchhe misquotes Indian ex-spy’s book while talking about India’s alleged Tarai plans
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently