Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 27
South Asia Check / October 28, 2017
The Himalayan Times report headlined “CPN-MC, UML warn against deferring polls” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A senior Maoist leader.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Left alliance finalizes seat sharing for Dec 7” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: Sources. This report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Separate ballots raises concerns” by Sanjeev Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances: Election Commission (EC) officials, an EC official and leaders of left alliance. There EC stands for Election Commission.
Republica report headlined “NC between rock and hard place in seats deal with alliance partner” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in five instances: NC leaders in three instances, cross-parties leaders and a member of RJPN presidium. Here NC stands for Nepali Congress and RJPN stands for Rastriya Janata Party, Nepal.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths