Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 27
South Asia Check / October 28, 2017
The Himalayan Times report headlined “CPN-MC, UML warn against deferring polls” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A senior Maoist leader.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Left alliance finalizes seat sharing for Dec 7” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: Sources. This report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Separate ballots raises concerns” by Sanjeev Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances: Election Commission (EC) officials, an EC official and leaders of left alliance. There EC stands for Election Commission.
Republica report headlined “NC between rock and hard place in seats deal with alliance partner” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in five instances: NC leaders in three instances, cross-parties leaders and a member of RJPN presidium. Here NC stands for Nepali Congress and RJPN stands for Rastriya Janata Party, Nepal.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims credit for no cold wave deaths
- In Public Interest What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- Fact Check Minister falsely claims credit for Mahendra Highway widening work
- In Public Interest PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- Promise Tracker Half of quake-destroyed schools rebuilt
- Fact Check NAC Managing Director Kansakar lies on camera
In Public InterestWhat had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill? What was in the July 26 agreement between Dr Govinda KC and the government? What is in the Medical E... Read More
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore