Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 27
South Asia Check / October 28, 2017
The Himalayan Times report headlined “CPN-MC, UML warn against deferring polls” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A senior Maoist leader.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Left alliance finalizes seat sharing for Dec 7” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: Sources. This report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Separate ballots raises concerns” by Sanjeev Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances: Election Commission (EC) officials, an EC official and leaders of left alliance. There EC stands for Election Commission.
Republica report headlined “NC between rock and hard place in seats deal with alliance partner” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in five instances: NC leaders in three instances, cross-parties leaders and a member of RJPN presidium. Here NC stands for Nepali Congress and RJPN stands for Rastriya Janata Party, Nepal.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Announcement to widen East-West highway was made by Congress-led govt
- Fact Check PACT statement on Gagan Thapa’s agrobusiness flawed
- Fact Check Erroneous claim in FSFN’s poll manifesto
- In Public Interest Tall poll promises!
- Media Ram Karki’s ridiculous claims
- Fact Check False claims in Congress poll manifesto
In Public InterestTall poll promises! Wait patiently for another ten years and you will see a prosperous Nepal! Even if you search hard, y... Read More
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths
- Women in jail
- A lookback at CJ Karki’s legacy