Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 27
South Asia Check / October 28, 2017
The Himalayan Times report headlined “CPN-MC, UML warn against deferring polls” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A senior Maoist leader.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Left alliance finalizes seat sharing for Dec 7” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: Sources. This report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Separate ballots raises concerns” by Sanjeev Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances: Election Commission (EC) officials, an EC official and leaders of left alliance. There EC stands for Election Commission.
Republica report headlined “NC between rock and hard place in seats deal with alliance partner” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in five instances: NC leaders in three instances, cross-parties leaders and a member of RJPN presidium. Here NC stands for Nepali Congress and RJPN stands for Rastriya Janata Party, Nepal.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Indian TV channel was ordered to pay Rs 1 billion not Rs 10 billion
- Fact Check Deputy speaker Tumbahangphe is still a member Nepal Communist Party
- Fact Check NBA chief incorrect about Sri Lanka’s bank lending rate
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest Women ministers in Nepal
- Promise Tracker Despite delays, KRC hopes to rebuild Kasthamandap within deadline
In Public InterestWomen ministers in Nepal After the advent of democracy in Nepal in 1951, it took over eight years for the first woman to beco... Read More
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?