Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 28
South Asia Check / October 30, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Nepal in BRI, China unhappy with not getting project” by Santosh Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A highly-placed official. BRI is short for China’s Belt and Road Initiative.
Kantipur report headlined “UML-Maoist alliance finalizes candidates for 107 constituencies” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A member of a committee formed for distributing constituencies. This report does not carry a byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Protester killed in police firing, tense” by Govind Chhetri datelined Jhapa has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: Family sources.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “NC not keen on democratic alliance, allege FSF-N, RJP-N” by Ram Kumar Kamat datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: An RJP-N leader. NC is short for Nepali Congress, FSF-N for Federal Socialist Forum-Nepal and RJP-N is short for Rastriya Janata Party-Nepal.
Republica report headlined “Curfew clamped after 1 killed, others injured in Birtamod police firing” by Raju Adhikari datelined Jhapa has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A local and eyewitnesses.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check ‘Red mercury’ claims on social media just a hoax
- Fact Check Purported government text message about snap curfew was a hoax
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Some claims in Putin memes circulating in Nepal are false
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently