Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 28
South Asia Check / October 30, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Nepal in BRI, China unhappy with not getting project” by Santosh Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A highly-placed official. BRI is short for China’s Belt and Road Initiative.
Kantipur report headlined “UML-Maoist alliance finalizes candidates for 107 constituencies” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A member of a committee formed for distributing constituencies. This report does not carry a byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Protester killed in police firing, tense” by Govind Chhetri datelined Jhapa has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: Family sources.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “NC not keen on democratic alliance, allege FSF-N, RJP-N” by Ram Kumar Kamat datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: An RJP-N leader. NC is short for Nepali Congress, FSF-N for Federal Socialist Forum-Nepal and RJP-N is short for Rastriya Janata Party-Nepal.
Republica report headlined “Curfew clamped after 1 killed, others injured in Birtamod police firing” by Raju Adhikari datelined Jhapa has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A local and eyewitnesses.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Fact Check Adhikari wrong about women’s representation in Federal Parliament
- Fact Check Bajura, not Saptari, is the most backward district of Nepal
- In Public Interest Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Fact Check Three mistakes in RJPN poll manifesto
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths