Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 28
South Asia Check / October 30, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Nepal in BRI, China unhappy with not getting project” by Santosh Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A highly-placed official. BRI is short for China’s Belt and Road Initiative.
Kantipur report headlined “UML-Maoist alliance finalizes candidates for 107 constituencies” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A member of a committee formed for distributing constituencies. This report does not carry a byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Protester killed in police firing, tense” by Govind Chhetri datelined Jhapa has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: Family sources.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “NC not keen on democratic alliance, allege FSF-N, RJP-N” by Ram Kumar Kamat datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: An RJP-N leader. NC is short for Nepali Congress, FSF-N for Federal Socialist Forum-Nepal and RJP-N is short for Rastriya Janata Party-Nepal.
Republica report headlined “Curfew clamped after 1 killed, others injured in Birtamod police firing” by Raju Adhikari datelined Jhapa has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A local and eyewitnesses.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Fact Check Upendra Yadav disowns Rs 5 million compensation promise
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
In Public InterestBirth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon While the controversy over the variations in the date of birth of Chief Justice Gopal Parajuli in hi... Read More
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge