Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 28
South Asia Check / October 30, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Nepal in BRI, China unhappy with not getting project” by Santosh Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A highly-placed official. BRI is short for China’s Belt and Road Initiative.
Kantipur report headlined “UML-Maoist alliance finalizes candidates for 107 constituencies” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A member of a committee formed for distributing constituencies. This report does not carry a byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Protester killed in police firing, tense” by Govind Chhetri datelined Jhapa has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: Family sources.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “NC not keen on democratic alliance, allege FSF-N, RJP-N” by Ram Kumar Kamat datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: An RJP-N leader. NC is short for Nepali Congress, FSF-N for Federal Socialist Forum-Nepal and RJP-N is short for Rastriya Janata Party-Nepal.
Republica report headlined “Curfew clamped after 1 killed, others injured in Birtamod police firing” by Raju Adhikari datelined Jhapa has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A local and eyewitnesses.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- Fact Check Minister falsely claims credit for Mahendra Highway widening work
- In Public Interest PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Half of quake-destroyed schools rebuilt
- Fact Check NAC Managing Director Kansakar lies on camera
- Fact Check Nepali Congress was not the first party to demand federalism
In Public InterestWhat had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill? What was in the July 26 agreement between Dr Govinda KC and the government? What is in the Medical E... Read More
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore