Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 28
South Asia Check / October 30, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Nepal in BRI, China unhappy with not getting project” by Santosh Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A highly-placed official. BRI is short for China’s Belt and Road Initiative.
Kantipur report headlined “UML-Maoist alliance finalizes candidates for 107 constituencies” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A member of a committee formed for distributing constituencies. This report does not carry a byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Protester killed in police firing, tense” by Govind Chhetri datelined Jhapa has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: Family sources.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “NC not keen on democratic alliance, allege FSF-N, RJP-N” by Ram Kumar Kamat datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: An RJP-N leader. NC is short for Nepali Congress, FSF-N for Federal Socialist Forum-Nepal and RJP-N is short for Rastriya Janata Party-Nepal.
Republica report headlined “Curfew clamped after 1 killed, others injured in Birtamod police firing” by Raju Adhikari datelined Jhapa has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A local and eyewitnesses.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims Nepal has lowest taxes
- Fact Check Who should be credited for introducing health insurance program in Nepal?
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
In Public InterestNARC grappling with manpower shortage At the Nepal Agricultural Research Council, the government-sanctioned positions are already insuffic... Read More
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?