Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 29
South Asia Check / October 31, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “What kind of ballots to print?” by Rajesh Mishra datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source in two instances and a source at the Election Commission.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Cong factions play favourites as party selects candidates” by Kamal Dev Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in eight instances: Party leaders, some Nepali Congress leaders, some leaders in two instances, a Nepali Congress leader, some party insiders, leaders close to Deuba and party sources.
Republica report headlined “EC likely to revise its decision” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A top official at the Election Commission, an official, and informed officials. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Dahal’s pick of son-in-law for election causes ire” by Ajit Tiwari datelined Biratnagar has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: Party sources.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM Oli made some misleading claims in upper house
- Fact Check Photo of a kneeling Joe Biden circulating on social media with a false claim
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec, 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Bijukchhe misquotes Indian ex-spy’s book while talking about India’s alleged Tarai plans
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently