Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 29
South Asia Check / October 31, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “What kind of ballots to print?” by Rajesh Mishra datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source in two instances and a source at the Election Commission.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Cong factions play favourites as party selects candidates” by Kamal Dev Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in eight instances: Party leaders, some Nepali Congress leaders, some leaders in two instances, a Nepali Congress leader, some party insiders, leaders close to Deuba and party sources.
Republica report headlined “EC likely to revise its decision” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A top official at the Election Commission, an official, and informed officials. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Dahal’s pick of son-in-law for election causes ire” by Ajit Tiwari datelined Biratnagar has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: Party sources.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Promise Tracker Despite delays, KRC hopes to rebuild Kasthamandap within deadline
- In Public Interest Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Fact Check Nagdhunga tunnel road will be Nepal’s third, Churia tunnel road is first and Bhulbhule’s second
- Media Quarterly report (July- Sept 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Finance minister’s claim of no labor strike during past two years is false
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
In Public InterestBrace yourself for toxic winter air Winter is approaching in Kathmandu. Winter is not only about chilly weather but also more toxin in t... Read More
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature