Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 29
South Asia Check / October 31, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “What kind of ballots to print?” by Rajesh Mishra datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source in two instances and a source at the Election Commission.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Cong factions play favourites as party selects candidates” by Kamal Dev Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in eight instances: Party leaders, some Nepali Congress leaders, some leaders in two instances, a Nepali Congress leader, some party insiders, leaders close to Deuba and party sources.
Republica report headlined “EC likely to revise its decision” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A top official at the Election Commission, an official, and informed officials. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Dahal’s pick of son-in-law for election causes ire” by Ajit Tiwari datelined Biratnagar has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: Party sources.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Fact Check PM again exaggerates civilian deaths under Congress government
- In Public Interest Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Fact Check Minister overstates Koshi Tappu visitor numbers
- In Public Interest Will tourist arrivals surge?
- Fact Check Entire Jumla is getting by on less than 1 MW of electricity
In Public InterestPesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore Plants Protection Directorate officer Ramkrishna Subedi points to the need for setting up pesticides... Read More
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?
- There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon