Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 5
South Asia Check / October 17, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Another alliance formed for electoral adjustments” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed ‘source’ in two instances.
Annapurna Post report headlined “NC decides to forge electoral alliance” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A member of the Nepali Congress Working Committee.
Kantipur report headlined “Prachanda declined even prime ministerial post: Deuba” by Kul Chandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A source present at the meeting.
Nagarik report headlined “We will not seek change in government: Left alliance” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A UML leader. This report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Gautam cannot be removed: Election Commission” by Susheel Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed sources in three instances: A source concerned, a former secretary of the Ministry of Tourism, and a source.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “What led to the broad left electoral alliance and what next?” by Akhilesh Upadhyay datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A senior Maoist leader.
Republica report headlined “Alliance not to seek govt change: Left leaders” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A senior UML leader and one UML leader. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM Oli made some misleading claims in upper house
- Fact Check Photo of a kneeling Joe Biden circulating on social media with a false claim
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec, 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Bijukchhe misquotes Indian ex-spy’s book while talking about India’s alleged Tarai plans
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently