Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 11
South Asia Check / September 16, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “88 kg gold seized: Why are all political parties silent on the issue?” by Subas Gotame datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A senior police officer, an official, and source.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “PM to expand Cabinet today” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: sources. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Police alerted to foil Honeypreet’s bid to sneak into Nepal” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: security sources. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “PAC preparing to grill DPM Shrestha for inaction against Sajha chief” by Bishnu Prasad Aryal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Sources
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
- Fact Check Neither Tilicho nor the new lake are highest in Nepal or world
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage