Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 12
South Asia Check / September 19, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Deuba’s jumbo cabinet- Difficulty in paying salaries” by Sagar Pandit datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An official at the fiscal administration section at the prime minister’s office.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Maoist leader involved in gold smuggling” by Sundar Khanal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: Source, an investigative officer at the Central Investigation Bureau, an investigation officer, and a businessman who used to import goods from Chinese border town of Khasa.
Nagarik report headlined “Maoist leader is kingpin of good smuggling racket” by KP Dhungana and Dhurba Dangal has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source involved in the investigation, and source.
Republica report headlined “Leaders meddled in House panel to clear NOC chief: Lawmakers” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instances: sources.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims Nepal has lowest taxes
- Fact Check Who should be credited for introducing health insurance program in Nepal?
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
- Fact Check Paudel wrongly claims NC central committee is more inclusive than that of communist parties
- In Public Interest Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
In Public InterestDr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements South Asia Check has compiled the demands put forth by medical reforms crusader Dr Govinda KC during... Read More
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?
- There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item