Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 12
South Asia Check / September 19, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Deuba’s jumbo cabinet- Difficulty in paying salaries” by Sagar Pandit datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An official at the fiscal administration section at the prime minister’s office.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Maoist leader involved in gold smuggling” by Sundar Khanal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: Source, an investigative officer at the Central Investigation Bureau, an investigation officer, and a businessman who used to import goods from Chinese border town of Khasa.
Nagarik report headlined “Maoist leader is kingpin of good smuggling racket” by KP Dhungana and Dhurba Dangal has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source involved in the investigation, and source.
Republica report headlined “Leaders meddled in House panel to clear NOC chief: Lawmakers” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instances: sources.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Fact Check Adhikari wrong about women’s representation in Federal Parliament
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths