Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 12
South Asia Check / September 19, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Deuba’s jumbo cabinet- Difficulty in paying salaries” by Sagar Pandit datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An official at the fiscal administration section at the prime minister’s office.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Maoist leader involved in gold smuggling” by Sundar Khanal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: Source, an investigative officer at the Central Investigation Bureau, an investigation officer, and a businessman who used to import goods from Chinese border town of Khasa.
Nagarik report headlined “Maoist leader is kingpin of good smuggling racket” by KP Dhungana and Dhurba Dangal has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source involved in the investigation, and source.
Republica report headlined “Leaders meddled in House panel to clear NOC chief: Lawmakers” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instances: sources.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- Fact Check Minister falsely claims credit for Mahendra Highway widening work
- In Public Interest PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Half of quake-destroyed schools rebuilt
- Fact Check NAC Managing Director Kansakar lies on camera
- Fact Check Nepali Congress was not the first party to demand federalism
In Public InterestWhat had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill? What was in the July 26 agreement between Dr Govinda KC and the government? What is in the Medical E... Read More
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore