Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 12
South Asia Check / September 19, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Deuba’s jumbo cabinet- Difficulty in paying salaries” by Sagar Pandit datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An official at the fiscal administration section at the prime minister’s office.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Maoist leader involved in gold smuggling” by Sundar Khanal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: Source, an investigative officer at the Central Investigation Bureau, an investigation officer, and a businessman who used to import goods from Chinese border town of Khasa.
Nagarik report headlined “Maoist leader is kingpin of good smuggling racket” by KP Dhungana and Dhurba Dangal has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source involved in the investigation, and source.
Republica report headlined “Leaders meddled in House panel to clear NOC chief: Lawmakers” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instances: sources.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!